To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email email@example.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in CMIS, CS or Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of litigation support technology including database applications (Relativity, Concordance, IPRO, Summation), e-discovery processing applications (LAW PreDiscovery, Nuix, eCapture), forensic collection applications (FTK, Encase), database applications (MS Access, SQL), Text editors, and directory comparison tools.
- Work experience at a large law firm or litigation support vendor.
- Working knowledge of internet based ASP’s, Extranets, document repositories, network and operating system concepts and applications.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a cross functional team in a production environment
- Knowledge of the litigation process, from initial filing through trial, for effective communication with Project Managers and legal teams.
- Good problem solving ability, verbal and written communication skills, work under strict deadlines in a legal environment and the ability to interact with all levels of staff and attorneys.
- Certifications such as Relativity Certified Administrator, Certified Computer Examiner, or MCSE.
- Scripting experience with database and spreadsheet applications: MS Access, SQL, MS Excel.
- Experience coordinating vendor contracts and projects.
- Support of trial, arbitration and mediation technology requirements.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Proofreads accurately
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability and willingness to apply those skills to assist in facilitating technical solutions to legal teams during the litigation lifecycle is necessary.
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.