The Public Relations Specialist will be responsible for the execution of high-impact public relations activities that support the firm’s global strategy. She/he must be an exceptional writer, team player and verbal communicator with strong organization and project management skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the implementation of public relations activities that are consistent with the firm’s global strategy, organizational needs and business goals.
• Distills complex messages to create written materials including press releases, pitches and messaging documents that are error free, on point and appropriate for the intended audience.
• Evaluates media opportunities for potential conflicts in order to minimize risk to the firm and secures approvals for lawyers to participate in media activity.
• Helps guide Sidley lawyers and key stakeholders within the marketing department and the broader firm on PR best practices.
• Proactively identifies opportunities for the firm to earn positive media coverage by developing original story/pitch ideas.
• Helps Sidley partners prepare for media interviews, providing guidance that demonstrates PR best practices for message development.
• Identifies opportunities for lawyers to publish byline articles through independent research and conducts media outreach to secure such publishing opportunities.
• Assists with the preparation of annual PR measurement reports through determining appropriate content and key takeaways that will serve to drive the PR strategy for the coming year.
• Assists with administrative projects including media coverage monitoring, tracking and reporting as needed.
• Other duties as required.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (Duties) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. If you need such an accommodation, please email email@example.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
Other Skills and Abilities:
In addition to the above, the following may also be required of the successful candidate:
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.