The Training and Development Assistant will work closely with the Chief Training and Professional Development Officer, the Midwest Director of Training & Development, the Senior Midwest Manager of Training and Development, other Lawyer Training & Professional Development team members across the firm, lawyers and staff in the Chicago office to coordinate lawyer training, CLE accreditation and professional development initiatives.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (the “Duties”) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Employees or applicants who need an accommodation should contact Human Resources. If you need such an accommodation, please email email@example.com (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Proficiency in Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer
· Experience coordinating lawyer training and/or professional development programs and initiatives
· Large law firm experience
· Project management and/or program design experience
· Knowledge of CLE rules and procedures
· Proficiency and aptitude with software applications and design tools for creating and formatting graphs, charts, and other visuals or the willingness and ability to learn
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following will also be required of the successful candidate:
Strong organizational skills
Strong attention to detail
Strong interpersonal communication skills
Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
Able to work under pressure
Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.