Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the Duties and Responsibilities (the “Duties”) above satisfactorily and meet the requirements below. The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Employees or applicants who need an accommodation should contact Human Resources. If you need such an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (current employees should contact Human Resources).
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field. Master’s degree preferred
- Ten years of experience in an IT infrastructure leadership role for a mid- to large-sized, global enterprise environment
- Proven leadership skills, including the ability to achieve results through others
- In-depth knowledge of the cloud for use as IaaS, SaaS, successfully led transformations from a own and build in data centers model to leveraging various cloud services (private, public, hybrid) for server, storage, disaster recovery, and five years of well rounded experience
- Solid understanding of the technology we use and advances in infrastructure related technologies
- Experience with cost/benefit analysis, service and service risk management in the context of the cloud, vendor service level agreements, architectural and design aspects.
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills along with an excellent understanding of business decision making and cost control processes
- Detailed knowledge of processes and procedures for IT change management, information security and systems recovery
- Strong service orientation
- Operations management experience in a large, 24x7, multinational and multicultural environment.
Other Skills and Abilities:
The following may also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and priorities
Sidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.